Sunday, April 25, 2010

Concrete Pouring Halted

On Thur 22 April a massive concrete pouring truck from David Gee Concrete arrive on site at Bathurst St. The driver got out and I watched as Mehrab-Khani became abusive towards the driver. I could clearly hear him say F...You! The driver hopped back in the truck and drove away. My friend Tony phoned up David Gee who was happy to get the call and tell his side of the story relating to Mehrab-Khani's legendary people skills.

To me this is extremely serendipitous. About a year ago a surveyor came on site and surveyed the masonry wall that had just been built. It turns out the wall was too big and close to a metre had to be cut off with a brick cutter and the incorrect part of the wall was pushed over to the ground.

Anyway, over the next few weeks the wall was rebuilt. Fast forward to Friday 23 April 2010: after enquiring from Council on Friday, a day after an attempted pouring on Thursday, I have been told that Council is awaiting "confirmation from his contracted surveyor that the set out is in compliance with the relevant approvals"....and that the levels are correct.

Considering how badly out the small masonry wall was, and that I have only ever seen Mehrab-Khani with a spray can and a tape measure, I have grave concerns about the set out of the development. Hopefully I am proved wrong on this, but it would be nice if he didn't pour concrete until the Council receives confirmation of compliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment