Monday, April 26, 2010

176 Brisbane St - Damage, Mess, Abuse and Spitting.

Tony Jacobs lives at 176 Brisbane Street, next to Soheil Mehrab-Khani. Here in his own words are the problems he has had to endure:

Photo 1 - Mr. Khani's driveway was not wide enough for his purpose so he cut off part of my front fence with a chain saw and erected this pillar to support his metal gates.

Photo 2 - He constructed this cement base wholly inside my property to support the pillar and gates. I later found a workman putting render on it. He said Mr. Khani had told him I had given express permission for him to work on it.


Photo 3 - General scene of the mess he left at the front of my property (one day he had a string at an angle across my property and was intending to construct a side fence with a funnel type entrance. A threat of Police deterred him.)


Photo 4 - General view from the front showing the mess he left in my property.


Photo 5 - Using my new fence as boxing he built his property up to 25cm above natural ground level at the street.


Photo's 6, 7, 8 - Scenes near my back door where the bottom of his fence was 90cm above natural ground level. Blue metal and general rubbish flowed in. No attempt was made to clean up. He was pressing my wife for permission to cut down the old plum tree shown. If that had gone I expect the fence would now be a distance into my land.


Photo's 9 & 10 - My property extends about halfway across his rear. Views of some of that devastation. Whilst the fence was down Mr. Khani took the opportunity to cut down bushes and shrubs well inside our property. On one occasion he dumped old fence timber on top of a flower bed of my wife's notwithstanding that empty spaces were available nearby.

A letter to Mr. Khani seeking remedial action was ignored so we engaged a builder to put in terracing. A Summons was issued against him for costs and damages.

One of the claims by his Solicitor was that Mr. Khani had found some Hobart fences in the wrong place. Apparently this meant he thought he could take what he liked. He had measured his boundary in my presence. He has undoubtedly encroached.

The Compulsory Conciliation Conference had only gone about 2 minutes when there was an extremely violent psychotic outburst by Mr. Khani. The Magistrate's hearing was interrupted by about 6 outburts by Khani. As the Magistrate was ruling in my favour he stormed out of Court directing a loud tirade at me. I got the money.

Mr. Khani has since tried to sell the property but the Agents declined to continue to act because the pillar is in my property.


Photo's 11 to 14 -  I've since had a tirade of abuse from him, attacks on me when in motor vehicles and a lot of spitting from the footpath and over the fence. These have been interspersed with damage to the side fence by kicks and bare hands. These photo's show that damage near the street.


Photo 15 - This shows a hole 70cm by 17cm smashed with his bare hands in March 2010. It is near my back door. For about the next 4 weeks his right arm was in plaster.

Tom here:
This from Newcastle Uni about Australian culture: "It is illegal to spit in public places and it is an offensive act." http://www.newcastle.edu.au/students/international/about-us/australian-culture.html

No comments:

Post a Comment