Monday, June 21, 2010

Retaining Wall Dig Damages Bricks

On Wed 16th June I was interstate. My wife Kerrie out to the pavement to take phto's of Gunns Excavation digging so close to our boundary wall that they damaged bricks.
Mehrab-Khani sees here taking photo's and walks quickly towards her in an intimidating manner, he then turns his back and then audibly says, "Bitch."

Not only were bricks underneath our slab broken, but the gig out was so severe that there is a visible hollowing out of soil as well.

Kerrie phoned Ross Willis of the Council on Wednesday afternoon. Ross told her she should phone Peter Ray from Pitt and Sherry.

She phoned Peter. Peter asked who had drawn the retaining wall plans. There was no Engineers name on the plans which concerned Peter, as well as the fact that he (Peter) never received a copy of the plans, which was strange since Pitt and Sherry are involved in overseeing this development. It turns out that the Engineer was Chris Potter.

Peter was sympathetic to our cause, saying that there should have been a name on the plans, and that he would investigate and phone Kerrie back.

On Friday the 18th June a person who I presume was Peter Ray turned up and asked Mehrab-Khani questions in relation to the development. I opened the door and heard him ask why the digging was so close to the wall. I also heard him say to Mehrab-Khani that he needed to have a copy of the plans by the end of the day before he would approve the retaining wall.

I am also wondering about the back retaining wall, whether it has been built properly. On Sunday my wife and myself were outside and clearly heard Mehrab-Khani telling one of his workmen to "push the (broken) bricks back in and smooth it with dirt!!"

I emailed Ross Willis this news today, Monday 21 June, requesting my email be forwarded to heritage. I also emailed Chris Potter saying that the bricks were broken AFTER we received a copy of the retaining wall plans....would there be any other subsequent wall built to strengthen the weakness? I also emailed Peter Ray of Pitt and Sherry. I am expecting him to phone us today.

Peter was quite sympathic and very thorough in his questioning of mehrab-Khani. He told Khani on Friday that if he were a neighbour, he wouldn't understand the retaining wall plans that were sent out to us!

On Monday 21st, there is a loud commotion outside my door. I open it up and see Khani shouting into his phone. I decide to video him from the balcony in case he is talking to Peter from Pitt and Sherry; I wanted to see if there was anything pertaining to our wall.

Mehrab-Khani sees me and has a meltdown He threatens to sue me again
 and then he calls the police. The police arrive and tell him I am in my right to take any photo's I want as long as I am not on his property. They knock on my door and tell me the same thing. One hour later Mehrab Khani is still threatening to go to the Council and his lawyer as he complains about us to his workers.

No comments:

Post a Comment