Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Engineer Chris Potter Responds....

I emailed Chris Potter who did the plans for the retaining wall. I asked him whether we would get any structural support where the bricks had been damaged and exposed, or if the bricks would be sealed behind a retaining wall.



Chris responded: "The area beside the rubble footing as shown in your photo will be back- filled with concrete when the floor to the unit is poured. As you are no doubt aware a retaining wall has been constructed further along the property which will also be back filled thus ensuring stability of the bank."

I asked another question to clarify.....would the bricks be covered by the cement that would be poured so that they would not be exposed to water?

Chris: "As far as I know the bricks will be covered but I will confirm when I check the finished floor level."

No comments:

Post a Comment