Monday, April 18, 2011

Convicted Once, Convicted Twice....

Conviction Number 1

Court Room 4, 13th April 2011 at the Hobart's Magistrate Court was the venue last week where I was up against Soheil Mehrab -Khani. He was charged with breaching a restraint order I had against him.

I was taking photographs of concrete floor slab being poured for Unit 1 on the development next door to me when Mehrab-Khani walked up to me, threatened and tried to intimidate me despite the fact that I had a Restraint Order against him and he was not allowed to approach me.

He stuck his thumb a few inches from my eye and made a comment I took to be a death threat, as did the police. Mehrab-Khani cross-examined me and raved on with wild accusations, even claiming the Magistrate was a friend of Tony Jacobs, but in the end he was convicted with a criminal record and fined $400 plus court costs.

These time stamped photo's were used by the police prosecutor and disproved Mehrab-Khani's version of the events.

The floor slab was critical because we knew it was in the wrong position, it was too close to the boundary, which has been confirmed in the Tribunal.





 Mehrab-Khani came over and attempted to block my view, then bent over as if pulling his pants down in front of the camera and finally threatened and attempted to put thumb in my eye, moving it past the camera when it was photographed.

Conviction Number 2

The next day, April 14th  it was Court Room 6 with Mehrab-Khani charged with smashing Tony Jacobs windscreen in the street after a car chase. This was a bizarre case, with Mehrab-Khani admitting to chasing Tony Jacobs in his car.


"He was driving so fast", said Mehrab-Khani. "And you were going fast too, weren't you?", asked the police prosecutor. "Oh yes", said Mehrab-Khani. "I was going faster because I had to overtake him and cut in front of him!", he said.

"I was driving like a maniac", Mehrab-Khani admitted. Criminal conviction number 2 in as many days with a $600 fine and Court Costs.

Some highlights were his claims that he is going to leave Tasmania, that Tony Jacobs is bringing him to his knees financially, and that the Tax Office and ASIO were investigating him.

No comments:

Post a Comment