Monday, December 20, 2010

Notice Of Planning Amendments Not Put Up

So Mehrab-Khani applies for Planning Amendments and needs to re-advertise and display a notice on his property so people can make representation and object.

Except that the notice is NOT put up. It's on the ground behind some building materials. On day 3 I went to Council and notified them.They assured me that someone would go on site that very day. Indeed, within the hour a silver car stops and a young lady gets out. She doesn't talk to anyone or look for Mehrab-Khani--she just tapes the notice to the window and drives off.

Twenty minutes later I am outside my property when the Mehrab-Khani comes out and notices the sign stuck to the window of Unit 1. He assumes I did it and starts telling his workers I trespassed on his property! Back on the phone to Council, I tell them this is not on, someone should have spoken to Mehrab-Khani that they has taped the notice up and that they had better phone him now ASAP because I would not be happy if he tries to slap a Trespass Summons on me!

The Senior Planner at Hobart City Council phones me back and assures me he would phone Mehrab-Khani this very moment telling him a Council Officer taped up the notice!

Unbelievable but true.

No comments:

Post a Comment