Monday, May 23, 2011

HCC charges Mehrab-Khani Over Building Breaches

Court Room 1 on the 18th of May 2011 -- Mehrab-Khani is back in Court to face 4 charges from Hobart City Council relating to various building breaches.

Two of the building breaches related to the collapsed retaining wall on the boundary of Melville street, specifically failure to notify the owner of protection work and failure to carry out protection work.

The end result was the collapse of the retaining wall, with a neighbours shed hanging precariously in space, being supported by a pole which could collapse at any time. The maximum penalties for these charges are $6500 and $13000 respectively.

The other 2 charges related to building breaches on Unit 1 next door to my property which is the subject of a Tribunal. One of the charges included the fact that the building was built too close to my boundary, the exact same issue that Council changed sides on the very next day at Tribunal .

On Wednesday at Court HCC prosecuted Khani for setback (amongst other things), on Thursday at the Tribunal HCC took sides with Khani and argued against me that setback should be approved!!


(No, I am not making this up and Yes, it is incomprehensible and No, I can't think of any other business that could get away with this type of misuse of power.)

Maximum penalties for the building breaches to Unit 1 were $65000 and $13000 (no, that isn't a typo, it's $65000!).

Mehrab-Khani changed his plea to Guilty on all four charges. He will be sentenced on Wed 25 of May at 2.00pm. It was noted he has prior convictions.

The Mercury newspaper will be there on the day reporting the sentence. Mehrab-Khani was entertaining as ever in Court, shouting abuse at Tony Jacobs (and I even got 2 mentions from him) and saying things like, "You should be sueing the ANZ Bank, not me."

Some other gems (I was writing as fast as I could) were "These sorts of things happen" and "I didn't commit Murder" to "I have an email from Tony Jacobs saying if you pay me $1000 a day I will leave you alone. Do you think that is fair?" and "This state is corrupt" to "ABC and 4 Corners has approached me to comment over these matters" to "This is all the fault of Tony Jacobs and his mate (looking at me) and his mate Magistrate Webster."

No comments:

Post a Comment