Thursday, March 17, 2011

Harrington 102 -- Must Read Reviews From Trip Advisor

Mehrab-Khani and his wife own the Harrington 102 Hotel. The latest reviews of this hotel on Trip Advisor are hysterical and shocking at the same time--


Most Recent Review:

“Warning! an abomination...do not stay here”
1 of 5 stars
Date of review: Feb 7, 2011

This venue is a complete disgrace...
I am a medical doctor and travel frequently for both
business and pleasure.

This is without a doubt the worst excuse for accommodation (and I use the term very loosely) that I have endured in the last decade. I pre booked two nights several days in advance before my stay, and was met by a dishevelled scatty looking woman, who scurried downstairs to open a locked door when I arrived.

My girlfriend and I were cold and hungry after a long road trip, at this point. She firstly did not recognize that we had a booking, and in a surprised fashion she asked to see my printout from the internet (which had already been paid by visa card), and did not seem to know we were coming at all. After fluffing around on an ageing computer which she did not really seem to know how-to operate, she eventually told us that she "may have a room, because someone left...I just have to clean it up first...can you wait?"

I was unhappy and concerned by what seemed to be an introduction infested by gross disorganization, and a fundamental lack of professionalism...however I was polite and obliging - perhaps she would only be 15 minutes or so. Ever the optimist, I endured an extensive 45 minute wait while she haphazardly ran up and down the stairs in the process of preparing our room.

Eventually my girlfriend and I left and informed her that we were hungry and going to eat. No apology was received for her gross display of incompetence. When we returned the floor was wet in the closet sized room that contained no window. We spent some of the night watching some quiet TV. In the morning I noted that one of the tings we were promised was a free "intercontinental breakfast" - this sadly consisted of a tub of weetbix, along side an adjacent tub of rice bubbles, and international roast caterers blend instant coffee, with free milk (I assume it was carnation).

Smouldering silently I sipped a bad cup of coffee as I had inner visions of soon making my way to Hudson's. I then proceeded to make my way over to the grossly incompetent woman who seemed to be in charge of this hell-hole.

I asked calmly for a refund as I communicated that I did not wish to endure another night at- -this .....establishment. I asked for a refund for my 2nd night as I -thought she may have the decency to offer this however I was yelled at and accused of being "-too noisy" -I didn’t realise -this hotel was run by an unmedicated psychotic patient.

Second Most Recent Review:

“Deserves no stars”
1 of 5 stars
Date of review: Nov 5, 2010
Absolutely disgusting!!! Don't be fooled when you read there are reception hours, no one is ever on the reception and you need to call the number and wait for them to open the door.

This took 20mins. Took them forever to fill out the form so that we could stay, whilst this was happening the owners were rudely talking amongst themselves in a foreign language.

The owners left and gave us our key to the room. The hallway up the stairs is dark and not lit up, the exit sign is not lit and is falling from the wall and there were electical wires coming out from the wall.

We opened our room to find a small prison like room. There was a double bed, no bed side tables, no windows, no carpet, the light was gone in the small bathroom. It didnt even have room for a chair.

It was very cold and very unwelcoming. We called them to say we were not staying in a place like this. We ended up paying for another room at wrestpoint that night. We went back to Harringtons in the morning and again no one was on reception and had to call a number.

They did not come out and wouldn't even consider giving some of our money back. They are very rude and unreasonable. DO NOT GO HERE.



Link to reviews on Trip Advisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g255097-d300914-Reviews-Harrington_s_102-Hobart_Tasmania.html

No comments:

Post a Comment