Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Survey Number 2 Under Way

I received this letter in part from Neil Noye of Hobart City Council on 14th October 10:


So the survey that was instigated from my letter on 29 Sept to HCC found the height was correct! Peter "I consider this OK" Ray from Pitt and Sherry considers the height correct as does Engineer Chris Potter. So I have had at least half a dozen emails or verbal assurances that the height and setback is correct from Hobart Council, their surveyor, the contracted building surveyor Pitt and Sherry and master of deceptive diagrams, Engineer Chris Potter.

As a layman you would think I would be out of my tree questioning this. However, they are all wrong. It is an extremely simple matter to measure a one story building!

I wrote a letter back to Council, saying that the height was right if they used the wrong numbers on the architects plans ie the 5300mm instead of the required 4300mm height.

I dropped it of to Ross Willis and Neal Noye from Hobart City Council on Monday, insisting that the height for Unit 1 is wrong and providing details as per my last post. This letter obviously created more doubt and added even more confusion with Council, if that is at all possible -- now another survey is underway! This survey is a lot more precise than the last one which was over in 20 minutes.

It appears they are surveying the complete Development. And they appear to be checking Unit 1 with respect to my property, which I didn't see done before. It's crunch time!

No comments:

Post a Comment